PS3 & denon 1910 help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
alright lads

the mrs has just bought a ps3 to ad to my home setup. i am a xbox 360 man but after advice in the set up.

upon conecting the ps3 to my 1910amp via hdmi. the sound output mode displayed on the screen of amp whilest playing a game says MULTI IN where as on my 360, blueray etc the display on amp shows pro logic2 music etc or which ever keeps choose. but on the ps3 cant change the sound on amp as it displays MULTI IN. how have i set this up wrong? have i or is this normal for ps3. do i need to change a setting on ps3 or amp? i have it conected through the sat/cable hdmi in on back of amp as this is only free one

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
You need to go into 'Sound Settings' on the PS3, then 'Audio Output Settings'. Select 'HDMI', then 'Manual'.

Untick all the boxes except Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS (the Linear PCM 2-channel boxes can't be unticked, so just leave these).

This should then 'force' the PS3 to bitstream game audio over HDMI to your 1910, and 'Dolby D' or 'DTS' should show up on the amp's display.

EDIT - Worth noting that I'm using the 'fat' PS3, which cannot bitstream the HD audio codecs, whereas I'm assuming yours is the new 'slim' version, which can. Therefore, I'm assuming tickboxes for 'Dolby TrueHD' and 'DTS-HD Master Audio' will also appear in your menu - if they do, it's obviously best to also leave these ticked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts