PS3 Blu Ray Playback Issues!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Since purchasing my PS3 a few months back i have been playing Blu Ray movies using the free HDMI cable that was thrown in when i bought the PS3.

When playing the Blu Ray movies there is always screen flicker and even loss of picture which is intermittant, but could last for 20 mins or even longer.

I researched into the problem and people pointed that the cable was at fault, so i bought 3m of the QED Qunex HDMI SR cable which was given 5 stars in the what hi-fi review, which also took a chunk out of my wallet lol

Since using this cable the picture has definetly increased in quality but still has the screen flicker and loss of picture which is more frequent than the cheap throw in cable.

Does anyone have anyword of advice or even know what the fault is, I will be purchasing a Blu Ray player when a decent one is out on the market.

Thanks Nick

A

Anonymous

It maybe the cable problem but i don't recall a free cable with either of my two ps3s.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It sounds like the PS3 is faulty to me as I had a free cable thrown in with mine, but nothing like the issues you are having (just a better picture when I upgraded it). Are you able to try it with another TV to be sure?

A

Anonymous

I remember trying playing it on my brother 32" samsung LCD and i couldnt get any picture when playing a Blu ray dvd but is fine when playing video games.

And its the same on my 46" samsung, When playing games its ok, apart from playing Rainbow 6 it flickers and temporary screen loss and the same with the Blu ray Dvd's, But fine with every other game that i have.

A

Anonymous

i had the cables thrown in as part of a deal that amazon was doing a while back. Get this i was away on holiday when the tried to deliver my PS3, obviously was not at home so they dumped it on my doorstep, was there waiting for me when i got back, it was outside on the door step for just under a week, was lucky no one noticed and pinched it.

A

Anonymous

Its currently set to 1080p 24 hz output in the BD/DVD setting within the PS3

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I take it your TV is 1080p and 24fps compatible? Try switching this off. Also, under Display Settings > Video Output Settings, try changing this to 720p. I don't know if it's going to make any difference, it's just worth trying to see if it helps!

A

Anonymous

Your a legend, Yeah its seems to be ok.

I went into display setting, it had 720,1080i and 1080p were all checked, It worked fine on just the 720 and 1080i but didn't work on 1080p at first, but now seems to be OK on the 1080p, Just got i am legend on it at the moment and i cant get it to flicker.

Do you reckon it was because all 3 resolutions were selected?

I cant understand why it was doing it anyway, My screen is a samsung LE46M87BDX full 1080p,

I will have to keep my eye on it and see if it does it again as it can be very intermittent, if it does i might have to get in touch with you again.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Good stuff! You should be able to tick all 3 boxes and this tells the PS3 your TV supports all 3 resolutions (I have all 3 ticked as, even though I only have an HD Ready screen, it can accept a 1080p signal and I've found this looked better with Blu-Rays). Your TV should support all three, so not sure what the issue was. Fingers crossed it's sorted now though!

I suspect the problem with your brother's 32" is it doesn't support 1080p so, when you played a Blu-Ray, the PS3 output at 1080p (as you had all three boxes ticked) and the TV couldn't handle this. When playing a game though, it more than likely output at 720p which the TV could handle and this is why this worked.

A

Anonymous

thanks again for your time and help again, hopefully i will be able to watch a whole file tonight without the funny stuff,

Cheers again buddy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts