PS3 - audio connectivity

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I have been researching this question for some time but have not had a near definitive answer so any help and comments would be gratefully received.

I have a Wii, PS3 and sky+ with a Sony HDTV (32D3000). My current connection is PS3 via HDMI to TV. Sky+ via scart to TV. I have a wii which is connected via component cables.

I really want to get a 5.1 surround system. I am considering the Sony DAV IS10 (because it is cheap-ish) or the Sony HT IS100 because is it affordable. Alternatives are Sony STRDG820 . . . and considering coupling that with Jamo A102HCS5.

As you can tell, space and budget (not more than £500) is a major consideration for me and something compact would be really the best.

I would like any views on what you think and how to go about connecting it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
ktan1:I am considering the Sony DAV IS10 (because it is cheap-ish) or the Sony HT IS100 because is it affordable. Alternatives are Sony STRDG820 . . . and considering coupling that with Jamo A102HCS5.
The separates system will definitely be a step up in quality compared to an all-in-one so , if you can, I'd get auditioning some around your price range. The components you mention are a good place to start, as are some of the Onkyo and Yamaha amps which will accept the Linear PCM signal via the HDMI socket and also the likes of KEF, Q Acoustics and the Tannoy speaker packages.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts