PS Vita - Nice but pricey bit of kit

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So I had to get a PS Vita after my PSP-3000 screen started having an annoying horizontal red line across the display (probably caused by it bouncing across the kitchen floor)...

The quality of the graphics is just amazing for a handheld. I've bought Fifa, Uncharted, Everybodys Golf, Virtua Tennis 4 & Ridgeracer and the games look just like their PS3 counterparts - in fact Fifa looks better on the Vita than it does on the PS3.

Expensive gadget and a couple of the games (ie FIFA - £45!!!) are way too expensive for a handheld - but that 5'' oled screen is gorgeous. All the good points of the PSP are still there - remote play, good music player etc - but everything is just so much slicker on the Vita.

Forget about playing games on a phone - the experience doesnt not even come close - you need controllers and a nice big screen, and that makes the Vita an essential purchase to me - especially if you already have a PS3.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Nice one. Would love one, but I can't justify it.

As for comparisons, indeed, it always amazes me when I hear people talking about the end of the console or handheld because of tablets or phones. There just isn't a comparison.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
was in gamestop over the weekend and couldnt help but have a demo.. the screen is really nice.. played a bit of uncharted and wipeout... think i'll be putting it on my birthday wishlist for may! just a pity sony have gone with proprietry memorty cards.. in fairness would it have been that hard to just go with micro sd?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Got to agree...i want one!

It's a lovely device and you need to see one and use it to truly appreciate how good it is, forget about iOS or android this is true handheld gaming and the best bit is the twin sticks for me as that was the one glaring omission in all the PSP varients that came before it.

It does have quite a large price tag and yes as is typical with Sony the Vita has an unusual memory system making it rather expensive to add memory but none of it can really take away the appeal of the unit and it truly is like having a portable PS3 and no other device on the market can claim that.

I was sure i wouldn't buy one as i asked myself the usual questions...how often would i use it? How much value is there in it when i have a PS3 already? etc etc. The only thing i will say is that i can't justify a 3G version as i don't want a pricey data plan with Vodaphone. It's just a matter of time before i get one, that's for sure :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts