Proposed new system, what do you think?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
al7478:One thing im not sure i like the sound of is using keyboard short cuts more as ive heard many talk about where Apples are concerned. I like mouses.

No need for keyboard shortcuts on an Apple - they're there but you don't have to use them.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
al7478:

Thats quite alright. I'll keep it in mind. Tho most unsure why XP drivers were hard to get. Also unsure this was dell's fault, but I'm often wrong (
emotion-17.gif
shhh...).

the supplied drivers would only work with vista, you had to download the xp ones but couldn't go online due to the drivers for ethernet not working with xp. i aged about 3 years in the space of 2 hours. ended up taking xp off and putting vista back on as i was losing the will to live.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:

al7478:One thing im not sure i like the sound of is using keyboard short cuts more as ive heard many talk about where Apples are concerned. I like mouses.

No need for keyboard shortcuts on an Apple - they're there but you don't have to use them.

Nice one, thanks.

Craig, i see your point. Did you (could you) get the drivers using Vista and save them somehow to put them on when you load xp?

Do people think i should forget the warranty?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i could have done that, someone more experienced in such things probably would've!

tbh, it never occurred to me that the drivers would only work with one o.s.

maybe not dells fault, but i felt scarred for life by the end of it.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

I'd tend to disagree there. You obviously use your :)MAC as a FUN machine!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts