Problems with system...........

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

My system a Pioneer PDP LX5090, PIONEER LX53 amp, Pioneer BDP55 and Sky HD box has recently began to act up. The amp would switch itself off and come straight back on again. Stripped the amp out and sent it off for repair. Engineers could not replicate the fault and neither could the good folks at Richer Sounds. So the amp was returned no fault found. Have just reinstalled it into the system and had difficulty in getting a picture on the display. Eventually I did get one and the set up was run. I'm just after watching a film on the blu ray player durning which there was a lot of artifacting on the screen. I changed to sky and the same thing happened, picture break up and a pink screen. I tried the display without the amp and am having no trouble whatsoever. I'm happy enought to rule out the amp and tv as the source of the problem. Could it be the HDMI interconnectors. From the amp up to the display is a Chord 1.3 Silver Plus as are the cables between the amp and sources.

Any ideas

Gerry

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with cables.

Cheap and medium priced, Ive had 4 go on me in past couple of years.

Have you got some spares to try ? You don't need to spend more than a few pound (5 tops).

TRENDING THREADS