Problems importing into Itunes - please advise?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Spend loads of time recently importing all my CDs into my hard drive via Itunes. I took the forums members advice and imported them as apple lossless files.

I just viewed some of the music files via Windows Explorer and it has ALL of them showing as MP4 files!!

I checked the import settings on Itunes and it is definately set to import as lossless.

So what is going on?

Can some else who is using a windows PC check if their files are showing as MP4 or Apple Lossless.

Please advise

Andrew

idc

Hi Andrew. In my itunes the properties has it as Mpeg4 Audio file or m4a which is the Apple Lossless file. My computer shows both, so I am sure all is well. But hopefully someone else will come along who knows what they are talking about.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
m4a is the extension name of 'audio only' mp4 files. mp4 (or mpeg-4) is a container format which contains the audio, open it up and you should find which audio codec is being used. Look into the properties of said file and it should come clear.

A

Anonymous

That's normal. If you are looking at the file extension in properties in windows explorer it will be a .m4a file extension (M-PEG 4 audio file). It will be lossless if you ripped as lossless. If you want to prove it to yourself you can configure iTunes to show you the "kind" of file you have in the iTunes display. In this new "kind" column against the tracks you will see "apple lossless" or however else you ripped the files.

To do this in iTunes click on "view" then scroll down and clock on "view options" and then in the pop up box check the box called "kind".

Hopefully that will prove you have lossless files
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts