Problem with Audiolab 8200 system

DylJon

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Hope someone can help me out here with with an issue with my system

Amplifier Audiolab 8200A

CD Player 8200CD

The system has worked fine for about 3 years. Recently I've noticed on some pieces of music, that certain parts of the mix sound very quiet. It's as if the sound engineer has pulled the faders back on some instruments, and that the sound can only be heared in the background. An example is Van Morrisson's Brown Eyed Girl. The band can only be heard quietly in the background but the vocal are at the correct level.

Any ideas, is it Amp or CD player related?

DylJon

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
DylJon said:
Hope someone can help me out here with with an issue with my system

Amplifier Audiolab 8200A

CD Player 8200CD

The system has worked fine for about 3 years. Recently I've noticed on some pieces of music, that certain parts of the mix sound very quiet. It's as if the sound engineer has pulled the faders back on some instruments, and that the sound can only be heared in the background. An example is Van Morrisson's Brown Eyed Girl. The band can only be heard quietly in the background but the vocal are at the correct level.

Any ideas, is it Amp or CD player related?

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure but it sounds like the amp to me. Can you check by using a different CD player - even a dodgy old portable one will do, just to do a back to back check, or any other audio source would suffice......if it still plays up, its the amp.

DylJon

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I'll try that. I've eliminated the actual CD being the problem because it plays ok on my lap top. Just need to search for a CD player now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts