Problem making exact copies of my CDs to CD-R using iTunes

nij_1

Apr 18, 2008
Visit site
I wanted an exact copy of a CD so I ripped it using iTunes set up using WAV 44.1khz / 16 bit. I then burned it to CD-r at full resolution. The result on my hi-fi was a shadow of the original with digital artifacts in the first two tracks and the overall sound losing the presence and detail of the original. Does anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong? Is it the software, and if so is there better I could be using? Is it because I'm using a PC and the Windows mixing kernel is doing the damage? Cheers!

manicm

CD copying has always been a minefield, and iTunes has never given me desired results.

Does your computer come with supplied CD-burning software? Use that instead.

Also some blank discs give better audio results, regardless of burning software - I find Sonys to be excellent.

Hope this gives you joy.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
something is wrong, itunes is perfectly capable of ripping and burning with no change, it is easy to check too. possibly the cd-r was defective, or maybe an issue with your drive. the windows k-mixer only has an effect when playing back sound, not burning.

manicm

It's never guaranteed that an audio CD copy will sound the same as the original. Blank CD-Rs give different results for example.

And when copying audio CDs remember it's being converted to WAV first.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
manicm:
It's never guaranteed that an audio CD copy will sound the same as the original. Blank CD-Rs give different results for example.

And when copying audio CDs remember it's being converted to WAV first.

IMGBURN gives an exact duplicate of whatevers on the disc (Whether its audio or not)

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
manicm:

i can see how this could happen, the cdp mech might have a harder time reading a cdr, but artefacts?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts