Problem connecting Sky HD box to second tv with RF cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have new Sky HD box and want to connect a second TV to it.

The main TV works from Sky box with HDMI.

The incoming RF to main TV works Ok with coaxial when plugged directly in tv.

The RF from Sky box RF2 gives me a sky signal at second TV with coaxial.

When I connect the incoming RF from aerial to Sky box RF-In I get no signal to either TV.

I would like to get digital TV and Sky TV on both sets.

Can you help please?

daveh75

Sound's like a frequency clash(co-channeling) i.e the Sky box is outputing at the same rf frequency as one of the terrestrial channels...

It's easily solvable by adjusting the Sky box's frequency(it's preset at 68) to another frequency...

To do this,

press 'services' on the sky remote,then 4 for 'system setup, then 0-1-select in quick succession(which takes you into the installers menu) then press 4 'rf outlets' then change the frequency and scroll down to 'save new settings' and press select.

It might take a bit of trial and error to find a suitable frequency (between 21-68) that works,unless you happen to know which is your local terrestrial transmitter and which frequecies it broadcast's on.Though a good starting point is usually around the middle somewhere say in the 36-46 region as the terrestrial frequencis tend to be grouped at either the lower or higher end of the spectrum .

If you do know what your local transmitter/frequencies are then just make sure the Sky boxes RF is set to at least 2 away from any of the terrestrial frequencies.....

Oh,should probably add that once you've changed the frequency of the Sky box you'll obviosly need to re-tune your second tv .

Hope that helps,and welcome to the forum!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help

I got second TV working at frequency 38.

Main TV does not give me Digital. I assume I need a RF cable from the sky box at RF-1?

daveh75

Orange58:

Thanks for your help

I got second TV working at frequency 38.Glad you got it working
emotion-21.gif

Orange58: Main TV does not give me Digital. I assume I need a RF cable from the sky box at RF-1?Yes,thats correct
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts