ProAc Response D15 v Leema Xone

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my 'old faithfull' Boston Acoustics A40s after almost 30 years enjoyable use! In recent years I have upgraded the rest of the system to a Linn AV5103/AV5125/Ikemi/Pekin but still have my Rega Planar 3 which is as old as the A40s, both being part of my original 'real HiFi' system.

I nowant to replace the speakers and have so far listened to Linn Majik 140s, ProAc Response D15s, PMC GB1s and ProAc Studio 130s (simply what my 'local' HiFi dealer had to offer). From this selection I preferred the ProAC Response D15s but I was not as convinced as I thought I would have been from this selection!

So, I feel I need to compare the D15s with something else before I take the plunge!

I have read good things about the Leema Xone and want to try to get to listen to these but Leema have no dealers close to where I live (Chester/North Wales) but I am working on that problem!

The room is quite large (c. 6.5m x 4.5m) but, although I obviously want to fill the space with high quality sound, I do not want the speakers to physically dominate the room.

In terms of use, I want them to be both main stereo speakers for HiFi (mainly CD these days) and also front speakers in a 5.1 surround sound arrangement. I already have Linn Diskreet speakers for the rear surround sound speakers so I need something to blend with them and have a matching centre speaker and sub-woofer. Again, I do not want these to dominate the room physically but they must be up to the job sonically!

The Leemas do seem to fit the bill - anyone have any experience to share? How about the Leemas v the ProAcs? Any other speakers I should be listening to that would do justice to the AV5103/AV5125?

Finally, anyone interested in buying the A40s? Vintage speakers - compared with Linn Kans at the time - immaculate condition for age!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I just have to mention Neat Acoustic, my current pair of Amphion, PMC OB1 (ex-demo a plenty at the moment), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor and Triangles Antal ESW.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
yes pmc and neat are lovely speakers,i had the proac studio 125's,broke my heart when i had to sell them,proac's get better with age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts