Proac D20R thoughts?

CS93

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I'm thinking of purchasing the Proac D20R speakers does anyone have any experience with these speakers?

I'm looking to sell my ELAC 187 to purchase these, will I notice a big improvement?

Does anyone have any recommendations on amplifiers?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
On the amplifier front, I would look at Sugden (IA-4), Pathos Logos, or a Valve Amp from Icon Audio, Jadis or Unison Research.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
CS93 said:
Hi

I'm thinking of purchasing the Proac D20R speakers does anyone have any experience with these speakers?

I'm looking to sell my ELAC 187 to purchase these, will I notice a big improvement?

Does anyone have any recommendations on amplifiers?

I demo'd these early last week and was very impressed to the point where I was actually considering changing to them from the Kudos. Well worth a listen and very nice build also.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
On the amplifier front, I would look at Sugden (IA-4), Pathos Logos, or a Valve Amp from Icon Audio, Jadis or Unison Research.

I ran a pair of D18's for a while with a Unison Research Preludio for a while and the combination was brilliant. ProAc and Valves go very well together.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
CS93 said:
What amplifier was used for your demo?

Naim Superuniti. Not a perfect match but good enough and I imagine a more capable amp would make them even better. I was seriously impressed by them to the point where, had I heard them before the Kudos, I probably would have gone for them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts