ProAc & Bryston - good pairing?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just after feedback on the pairing of ProAc & Bryston. I have read quite a bit about ProAc being a solid pairing with both Naim and Sugden, but what about with Bryston? Who has experienced this pairing and how would you describe the sound?

My music taste varies, but favourites include Pearl Jam, U2, RHCP, Powderfinger & Crowded House. But also enjoy listening to music from Norah Jones and Jason Mraz... bit of a mix really.

I currently own a B100 integrated amp & BDA-1 DAC. Was particularly interested in a ProAc (D18 or D28) pairing with this setup, but would be happy to hear general ProAc/Bryston setups you might have heard.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Bryston is a good pairing with Naim and Sugden, and just as good a match with Bryston. Bryston seems to go with anything, as I've not found anything yet that doesn't sound good on it. I think it's because the vice like grip of Bryston amplification is so neutral and effortless, and sounds the same regardless of volume - something which not all amplification is capable of.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it sounds like a great match, as the Bryston would give the Proacs the "kick up the a*$e" they sometimes need, to stop them sounding a little "Prozak".

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback David, just our of interest how would you compare the ProAc Response D18 to the new PMC twenty.24 speaker in relation to a Bryston setup... had much experience there yet?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm. With the Bryston being pretty neutral and transparent, you'll be listening to your source and the speakers.

From individual sessions I'd say the ProAc is a little warmer and laid back, with the PMC's being more open and airy in the top end. Any other comparisons I'd rather do an A/B before committing myself! :)

A

Anonymous

Well if you get a chance to do an A/B... keep us posted on your detailed findings! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts