Pro-ject Debut belt issue at 45

Hi folks, I'm having an issue with my pro-ject turntable. When I change the drive belt over to the 45 setting it either slips of the hub or stutters on the motor before slipping back up to the 33 setting.

Any ideas about sorting this? Many thanks, Paul

Paul, you do not mention how old the TTis. Is it still under warranty?

There is a posibility that the motor has dropped from its normal height relative to the platter, or the pulley section has. This would cause the belt to ride up. You need to get a dealer to look at it I think.

hybridauth_google_113225569191055664518 said:
Hi folks, I'm having an issue with my pro-ject turntable. When I change the drive belt over to the 45 setting it either slips of the hub or stutters on the motor before slipping back up to the 33 setting.

Any ideas about sorting this? Many thanks, Paul

Rather depends how old the TT is, but if you have a friendly dealer ask him to give it a 'once over'. It shouldn't cost a packet and it'll give you peace of mind.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If all else fails I'm sure at one point there was an option to buy an outboard electronic speed control. Pro-ject Speedbox or something similar I think it was called

EDIT: found this: http://project-audio.com/main.php?prod=speedbox&cat=boxes&lang=en

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Depending on how old the deck is, it could be that the motor suspension has become a little slack and is allowing the pulley to lean off centre a little. A very simple fix is to put the transit screws back in, if that workd then either replace the motor suspension of addthe S/E upgrade kit which will also rectify the issue.

TRENDING THREADS