Prject Denut Carbon DC

Michael Earl

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Well it arrived yesterday and I spent last night rigging it up. I must say Im suitably impressed. Not only with Henley Designs for their customer service and delivery speeds but with the TT itself

Watched a video on youtube to make sure I was crossing the T's and dotting the I's during setup. £325 notes is a bit of wedge for me so I was suitably cautious. No need though as it was a breeze.

Connected to my Cambridge Audio 551p phono stage and that into my Onkyo AV reciever. I plane to upgrade to a dedicated amp and speaker set but for now the surround sound system will suffice.

OMG was the upgrade worth it. That debut carbon was awesome at many things. The audio level was improved as well as the extra things I could hear from the vinyl. I played the following

Hunky Dory (1st UK Press)

Ziggy Stardust (1st UK Press)

Waiting for the Sun (1st UK Press)

Strange Days (1st UK MONO Press)

Im very fortunate to have a stunning set of original presses that I think Im getting a new level of aural understanding on. I had a few issues with hum through the earthing/grounding wire but a little bit of fiddling has helped.

Well worth the purchase. If anyone is thinking about it then take the plunge. Its awesome

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Michael Earl said:
Im very fortunate to have a stunning set of original presses that I think Im getting a new level of aural understanding on.

I was never sure what was the point of expensive hi-fi, because you'd be playing the same old records. When I upgraded my turntable I realised I'd never heard more than a fraction of what was on those records. Sometimes I hear whole instruments I'd never notices before. Enjoy rediscovering your music - I found it gave everything I'd known for years a new lease of life.

TRENDING THREADS