Primare question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive been looking for a primare a30.1 mk2  amp for the last few weeks but have now come across a I30 just wondering whats the difference is one better than the other as they appear they were both around £1500 new. Thanks

John Duncan

Right, anyway - A30.1 vs i30. Absolutely magnificent - endless headroom and grip, very fluid midrange and treble. I haven't compared them both side by side, but having listened to them at length I can honestly say that, given my room, if I had either I couldn't see me wanting another amp ever. The only reason I don't have one is that my system needs to sit on a shelf which won't accommodate its depth, so have to make do with the shallower A20.

Generally I'd say an A30.1 would be about 500 quid, the i30 maybe 700 s/h? One thing that may sway you is that the i30 is available in silver, which I don't think the A30.1 was.

Oh, and balanced inputs, which means you can plug in a DACMagic! Stick some PMCs on the end, feed it lossless files and you'll have one of the best music replay systems on the planet*.

* "I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate"

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for all your help there well the a30.1 mk2 seem to be going for between 500-650 at the min i30 about 650-700 as you say just wasnt sure if i should have a preference but obviously not! And my DacMagic along with my sonos is on the way!ÿ

John Duncan

Cool, just add these.......

101870831th.jpg

A

Anonymous

Well im adding b&w 805s which ive been told go very well with the primare and i loved the sound of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts