PRIMARE PRE30 AMP, PRIMARE A30.2 POWER AMP, PRIMARE CD31

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I ordered the above componets several weeks ago and still have not recieved my goods. I was told by my hi-fi dealer that there are problems with cse solutions (the uk importers of primare) in obtaining these products as the primare factory in sweden closes for 4 weeks (how stupid) for summer holiday. Could any one please inform me if they are having such a problem.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

hi there.

have just purchased exactly the same kit,2 weeks for the amps,5 weeks for the cd player.

well worth the wait imo.tried it against Quad 900 systym and the equivelent Densen stuff,the Primare won,I'm really enjoying it,my first real hi-fi and it's a delight.

A

Anonymous

Hi again,

I have finally got some good news from my hi-fi dealer. The items are being sent to me right as I speek! I only have one major concern though. The hi-fi dealer told me that I would be getting the newer version of the Primare Power Amp - The new A31.2, which I must admit, I have not heard of!
I have looked on Primare's website, and have not seen this item. I even done a Google websearch for it, but with no luck.
Could someone please comment if they have either seen a review on it, or better still, have it themselves. Is this power amp better then the Primare A30.2 power Amp, in terms of specification / price etc? And also do they look similar?

Many Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I would guess they will look very similar to fit in with the rest of the range, Notice the CD player has the 31 number in it's model number. You are no doubt getting what they consider an improved model, and will be one of the first to hear it.

A

Anonymous

Damian Bucklys signature seems appropriate

"I can't beleive they up-graded that " etc

I'm already thinking I'll bi-amp at xmas.

A

Anonymous

HI ALL,
GOT MY SYSTEM ON FRIDAY - AT LAST! I ALREADY HAD THE DALI MENTOR 2 SPEEKERS INDOORS. I HOOKED EVERYTHING UP USING QED SILVER ANNAVERSARY XT BI -WIRE SPEEKER CABLES, 2 X CAMBRIDGE AUDIO BALANCED XLR CABLES, AND QED MAINS QUONDIUT MAINS HUB.

MY QUESTION IS:

HOW LONG WILL TAKE ON AVERAGE TO GET THE BEST FROM MY SYSTEM IN TERMS OF SPEEKER CABLE BURN IN, SPEEKER BREAK IN PERIOD, ETC ETC
I HAVE USED THE SYSTEM SINCE I GOT IT ON FRIDAY, FOR SEVERAL HOURS A DAY AT A RESONABLE VOLUME- SAY 18 (MY POOR NEIGHBOURS) AND I DONT SEEM TO BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE OVERALL POWER AND QUALITY OF THE SYSTEM. THE A31.2 IS 120 PER CHANNEL INTO 6 OHMMS. MY SPEEKERS ARE 180W / 8 OHMS
DID I NEED A MORE POWERFUL POWER AMP?
MANY THANKS

A

Anonymous

Dunno, do you listen loud? And did you demo the system before buying? The speaker rating is the max power handling recommended by the manufacturer, you can use lower powered amps no problem. Personally I wouldn't have used QED Silver Anniversary with such an expensive system, I don't rate the Silver Anniversary much tbh.

Also, no such thing as cable burn in imo, usually it's just the speakers that take a while to loosen up.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Speekers are Dali Mentor 2. I must admit that I do like my music loud! Unfortunatley, I did not demo the system, just took the simple solution and followed recomendations in What Hi-Fi magazine.
In terms of speeker cables, what could you recommend for this sysyem, within a affordable price range?
Thanks.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I can't imagine that the Primare power amp would have any issues driving the Dali Mentor 2.

As for breaking in, I'll let oldphrt stick his nose in and give his sceptical comments again. However, my experience with my CD player is that it sounded better only after 72 hours of running in.

A

Anonymous

I think it varies from component to component. Depends what make of caps etc are used. I think cable break-in is a complete myth though, believed by the type of people who buy products from Russ Andrews' catalogue.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to dig this post up from long while back but I would like to know how DJ found the amps having been living with them for a while now? and do you have any problem regarding build quality?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
In my experience with Primare products (I use a Pre30 and A30.2 in my home hi-fi reference system), the last thing I would expect to have any problems with is build quality.

I've had my pre/power combo for 4-5 years now, and they've performed faultlessly from day 1. Primare products are superbly constructed, and like Linn, Naim etc, they're built to last.

As for sound quality (I use them with a pair of B&W 805s), I love em!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Mr C

My brother is looking for a nice set up and the Primare came to mind. He already have a musical fidelity pre amp, so let hope the 30.2 is not too fuss about how the signal feed in.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
Well, its now almost 4 months since I have had the Primare set up, and I am certainly very pleased with the overall sound and build quality!!
I recently added a Clearaudio Emotion turntable together with the Clearaudio smart photo, and I was totally amazed on the improvement to the sound quality that vinyl has over a cd player!
Baically to sum it all up, I love my system, even though its gonna take me 3 years to pay it all off! lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts