Primare i32

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Any owners on here?

I am in the market for a new amp, I have found an ex dem unit that I can demo at home at a great price!

(no don't ask about my current amp :) I will no longer have it tomo as I am getting a full refund)

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You are kidding me right mate ? , FFS !

I've worked every w/end this month and last so I havent heard anything , but I think I need to listen to the Creek Destiny 2 , I have a lust for this amp already , but not TT here so dint even think about that, I think I know the amp you're thinking of

I am so sorry another one failed

James

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
James I looked at the Destiny 2, Creek were going to send me one but then I decided to give ***** amp no 4 another go - but its gone the same as the 1st faulty one. The dealer has offered a straight refund.

Creek have no more black Destiny 2 left, spoke to Creek today, however was put onto the Primare by a mate - to me it sounds ace, I should have it by Tuesday so will report back. I can also add the media card to it so can do away with my DAC.

The Primare screams QUALITY

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Any owners on here?

I am in the market for a new amp, I have found an ex dem unit that I can demo at home at a great price!

(no don't ask about my current amp :) I will no longer have it tomo as I am getting a full refund)

:O

I haven't heard the i32, but would expect it to give the very clean and clear sound of a well designed Class D amp.....a bit like Bel Canto.

Should work well with Rega speakers, which are smooth and musical.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
to be fair I could of lived with the buzz of the 3rd one, however Ive lost faith in the Elicit R now. Happy with my RP6, RS3 and DAC though!

yep another weekend no music!

I am getting the Primare on sale or 14 day return - I hope I like the sound!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
stevebrock said:
Any owners on here?

:O

I haven't heard the i32, but would expect it to give the very clean and clear sound of a well designed Class D amp.....a bit like Bel Canto.

Should work well with Rega speakers, which are smooth and musical.

looking forward ro it!

matthewpiano

Will be interested to read your thoughts when you've spent some time with it Steve.

I get my new Exposure amp on Tuesday which I am really excited about even though it will be a while before I have the CD player and speakers to make the most of it.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think Audio affiar have a returned one right now at 1.8 k , they have the Creek , not sure how good they demo , not sure how good they deal a sale , think you are the east Midlands , but a drive out for sale or return

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
Well best of Luck mate , I think you've earned some good Karma

James

I Think your right, can't believe how unlucky I am, owned many amps over the years......never had 1 problem with any of them.....nad, marantz, rotel

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Will be interested to read your thoughts when you've spent some time with it Steve.

I get my new Exposure amp on Tuesday which I am really excited about even though it will be a while before I have the CD player and speakers to make the most of it.

I look forward to your thoughts on the Exposure Matthew.

smiley-smile.gif

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Well no one could blame you... I take my hat off to you, 2 faulty units and that would have been my lot.

Alan Shaw from Harbeth speaks very highly of Primare.

I think Matt49 may have demoed that amp.

Mac

I hop he is along soon then - even though I am getting an ex -demo unit, it is immaculate, boxed with 1 year warranty so I have every confidence it will be reliable. i just look forward to using it, its well built by all accounts - and dosent sound bad either which is the main thing :)!

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Macspur said:
Well no one could blame you... I take my hat off to you, 2 faulty units and that would have been my lot.

Mac

I hop he is along soon then - even though I am getting an ex -demo unit, it is immaculate, boxed with 1 year warranty so I have every confidence it will be reliable. i just look forward to using it, its well built by all accounts - and dosent sound bad either which is the main thing :)!

Mac, you have an astonishing memory for hifi. Hats off!

However, the system I heard was in fact:

Primare CD32 + PRE32 + A34.2 + KEF Reference 203/2

I thought the amps were powerful, a bit gritty, and nastily thin with male voices. But that could just be me.

Cheers

Matt

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
stevebrock said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Mac, you have an astonishing memory for hifi. Hats off!

However, the system I heard was in fact:

Primare CD32 + PRE32 + A34.2 + KEF Reference 203/2

I thought the amps were powerful, a bit gritty, and nastily thin with male voices. But that could just be me.

Cheers

Matt

well not to worried....it was CD & KEF speakers :)

(not keen on KEF, never have been)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Before you jump into another amp I think you have to do a "weaning" of the Elicit R. The Elicit R has a very different sound sig from all the amps that i've demo a few month back.

My Pathos dealer is a Primare dealer, hear many times the i32 with the Primare DAC 30 as a source and the new MA silver 6 line with Inakustic speaker cables, was where i start to be found of inakustik.

Saying that i think it will not be "love at first demo" but the Primare can grow on you, if you give it time.

Try to find a Sonneteer dealer if you will keep the RS3 or upgrade to the RS5, i think (from what i've read, Sonneteer is a very revealing, transparent sounding amp.)

If not you will need power to drive some speakers that you have talk about and the Roksan Caspian M2 can be your next amp... :grin:

matthewpiano said:

The 2010S is a very good amp, CDP is even better IMHO. However, the amp does need a punchy speaker to hear them at their best. Although I assume you'll be having the newer model, which maybe slightly different.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Primare is built in a region of Sweden famous for its industrial entreprenourship, Småland. Would believe it to be top notch quality.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
About 6 months ago, I found a Primare A30.1 on Ebay at an excellent price. They pop up from time to time and seem to be excellent value - a bit 'under the radar'. I have been delighted with the result, maintaining the energy of my Leema Pulse, but with a smoother presentation that better suited the rest of my set-up (Rega Saturn, Quad 21L2). I hope you'll enjoy your new amp, Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts