prices in England

DiggyGun

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Looks like a fairly generalist multi electrical products shop. Not Hi-Fi specifically and probably not able to offer much in the way of guidance.

As an aside, I was in Currys in Reading a few weeks ago and asked an assistant where the Hi-Fi cables were. He asked what I was after, advised looking for a single RCA Subwoofer cable. He advised that these are not made anymore. After a quick chortle, took my business elsewhere.

DG…

Gray

Looks like a fairly generalist multi electrical products shop. Not Hi-Fi specifically and probably not able to offer much in the way of guidance.

As an aside, I was in Currys in Reading a few weeks ago and asked an assistant where the Hi-Fi cables were. He asked what I was after, advised looking for a single RCA Subwoofer cable. He advised that these are not made anymore. After a quick chortle, took my business elsewhere.

DG…
Currys famously told a bloke he needed 2 aerials for stereo sound on TV.

AJM1981

I think British folks should be glad they live in a country that produces great hi-fi products by the likes of Tannoy, B&W and Wharfedale. I once tried to get a UK-only subwoofer to The Netherlands in post-Brexit times and paying literally a higher price for your own courier while taking maximum risk and having warranty and consumer rights thrown in a void is what it kind of sums up. It's totally not attractive anymore.

I think British folks should be glad they live in a country that produces great hi-fi products by the likes of Tannoy, B&W and Wharfedale. I once tried to get a UK-only subwoofer to The Netherlands in post-Brexit times and paying literally a higher price for your own courier while taking maximum risk and having warranty and consumer rights thrown in a void is what it kind of sums up. It's totally not attractive anymore.
Some brands aren’t what they used to be. Yes, we do have some great brands, but they’re not necessarily the ones you read about constantly in the press.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts