• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Preplexed between the choice of cd player.

filipplord

Mar 16, 2021
Hello all,
I recently brough some speakers (ELAC DEBUT B5,2) and a Yamaha R-N303D and I am looking for a second hand cd player to go with them, I came across two models that intrest me, the
Technics SL-PG580A priced at 70$ without remote control, but perfect working and physical condition
and the
Technics SL-PG490 priced at 20$, perfect working and physical condition.
Which one should I chose? Is the first model so much better than the second one? and is it worth 50$ more?

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
Nobody here can possibly know that! Used prices at bargain basement are more about condition and whether it actually works. Or is the remote missing. Or does it have a box, or cables. Subtleties about sound quality are somewhat secondary, I’d submit.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Buy the cheap one. Plug it in via rca to your amp. Listen to a cd you know and like. The next day plug it in via digital to your amp, play a cd you know and like. Decide which sounds better and connect to amp accordingly

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts