admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi im planning on buying the sony 2400es receiver which im aware has pre outs which you use to connect to a stereo amp to play music through?

is that right and how do i go about it? speaker wise and everything could someone give a basic description?

thanks very much

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
1) The front left and right preouts of the A/V Receiver go to an input on the stereo amp (Tape 2 for example)
2) Some stereo amps (not many) have a fixed-level input especially for this purpose so you can miss this step out: set the volume of your stereo amp to about half and run your speaker calibration routine on the receiver. Then always use this volume setting on the stereo amp whenever you watch AV - overall volume is handled by the receiver.
3) When watching AV, have both amps on - the stereo amp will handle the front speakers, the AV amp will handle the rest.
4) When watching stereo, the AV amp is out of the equation so won;t degrade the sound

A

Anonymous

stereo.jpg

A

Anonymous

greatest reply ever!

so basically i buy a stereo amp and boom use the same speakers and im ready to go!

that illustration is class!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
thehoss:
greatest reply ever!

so basically i buy a stereo amp and boom use the same speakers and im ready to go!

that illustration is class!

That's right and if you want a great amp that does have a fixed level input offering, check out Richer Sounds website, they have my amp on sale (£750 originally down to £400 if you are VIP member!!).

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-AZUR-840A-SIL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts