Pre-order the new Sony 4K Blu-ray player

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
F

FunkyMonkey

Does it have Dolby Vision support?

If so this is future proofed for a decade.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I was looking at the Sony x800 which sells around £400 but seen it for £365 but my issue and my thinking is the prices will drop on theses first generation 4K blue ray plays .

i want one but what if something comes out that's better I mean those of you with a OLED tvs that's better then 4K so why not a OLED player or have I got this all wrong .

currently I am using a standard blue ray player from Sony and it's not even a up scale version but the picture is lovely on my 4K tv is it even better with a 4K player .

OLED is a type of TV display technology. You cannot have OLED players. In terms of technology itself, this is it for 4K blu ray players. There may be variations in software to include Dolby Vision etc.

Your TV is doing all the upscaling (so no need for an upscaler to be present in your blu ray player), and from what I have seen, the upscalers in the TV are brilliant on their own.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
OLED is a type of TV display technology. You cannot have OLED players. In terms of technology itself, this is it for 4K blu ray players. There may be variations in software to include Dolby Vision etc.

Your TV is doing all the upscaling (so no need for an upscaler to be present in your blu ray player), and from what I have seen, the upscalers in the TV are brilliant on their own.
ok thanks for the info

so is it worth the extra money buying a 4K blue ray player ? As I have got a normal blue ray player and to be honest films look pretty good since I brought the Sony tv .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts