Pre-amp with remote control for Cambridge Audio A1?

soundslike

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a pre-amp for my cambridge audio A1 amplifier (to enable it to work with a record player)? Would be really nice to get one with a remote control so I can control the volume if possible. I have Tannoy mercury F1 bookshelf speakers. My Denon amp seems to have died after I left it on for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping to go back to my A1 amp.

soundslike said:
Can anyone recommend a pre-amp for my cambridge audio A1 amplifier (to enable it to work with a record player)? Would be really nice to get one with a remote control so I can control the volume if possible. I have Tannoy mercury F1 bookshelf speakers. My Denon amp seems to have died after I left it on for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping to go back to my A1 amp.

A record player or a turntable?

If you look around you will notice a distinct lack of phono preamp with a remote.

soundslike said:
For a standard record player. That's a shame, I was hoping to avoid buying a new amp and to find a use for the old A1 amp.

There are plenty of phono preamp that will allow you to attach turntable to your A1 but not with a remote control. You would have to change volume manually and, let's face it, with an LP you are going to be up and down a lot anyway. :)

TRENDING THREADS