Powernode upgrade to Lyngdorf 1120

lewis1962

Jul 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I have a powernode, a pair of LS50 metas and a KC62 sub. I've read some great reviews of the 1120. Would it be a step up from the powernode ? Also, would it be a better match in getting the best out of my speakers and sub ? Appreciate your help

Ceand

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I have a powernode, a pair of LS50 metas and a KC62 sub. I've read some great reviews of the 1120. Would it be a step up from the powernode ? Also, would it be a better match in getting the best out of my speakers and sub ? Appreciate your help
Six months in to my 1120 ownership, I remain impressed with it's SQ and feature set. It replaced a much loved NAP100 power amp and I was not disappointed! Many people use the 1120 with the LS50s but for me, my floor standers have never sounded better... Integration of a subwoofer is also dead simple...

Note that Lyngdorf prefer to call the 1120 a power DAC rather than a Class D which is a different approach. Finally, if your listening space is less than ideal, RoomPerfect will help correct many room related issues. Give it a listen first if you can but I would not hesitate to recommend it!

Reactions: doifeellucky

zeroID

Dec 10, 2021
Visit site
The Lyngdorf will do what the Powernode and many other can't do. Will improve the sound with his clever room sound correction system and this is always the biggest sound improvement.

doifeellucky

You are so right ! The Lyngdorf was delivered on Wednesday, and its amazing !!! Integrating with my KC62 sub is seamless. I can't believe the difference
I have a Cambridge CXA60 and was considering the Lyngdorf due to quite a poor room. My speakers are fairly close to the wall and have hardly any space on either side. Fairly large window to the right of the listening space. No option to move. What improvements specifically have you noticed? Thanks.

lewis1962

Jul 28, 2021
Visit site
For me, the biggest improvement is the integration with my kc62 sub. Previously, I was adjusting it depending what i was listening to, trying to get the balance right. Now, whatever I listen to, metal, jazz sounds great. Try one if you can at home. I'm new to all this hifi malarky, but setting up roomperfect is really easy. I paid 1700 for mine, worth every penny !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts