poweramp for Denon DM39 or alike

jedocherty

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for an inexpensive way of puting audio into a fairly largeshop.

The stereo must have DAB, be able to play an ipod and power 4 speakers. There also isn't that much space and i don't want to spend hundreds.

I though that maybe a solution wouldbe to buy something like Denon's DM39 and running it through a 4 power channel amp like an Arcam Alpha 8 - which look to go for around £150 or so on ebay. Then it's just a case of getting some speakers.

Is that the best way to do it or am I missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance,

John

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
jedocherty said:
I though that maybe a solution wouldbe to buy something like Denon's DM39 and running it through a 4 power channel amp like an Arcam Alpha 8 - which look to go for around £150 or so on ebay.

You mean apart from the fact you can't connect a DM39 to a power amp, and the Alpha 8 isn't a four-channel amp but a normal two-channel one?

Honestly, the best bet for filling a large commercial space with sound is an amplifier designed for filling a large commercial space with sound, and powering multiple speakers: I'd be checking out my local pro-audio shop or online for a suitable amp, which you will then have to use with a suitable source having the features you want. If you want to go down the 'mini-system as source' route the something like the TEAC CR-H260i would do the job: it has analogue outouts to connect to an amplifier, but the amp you're using will need its own volume control, as most PA-type amps do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts