Power conditioners?

idc

Well I would happily recommend the Silencer from Russ Andrews which has improved the sound and picture of anything I have ever plugged it into. For best results plug it into the first socket on a mains extension. It certainly reduced background noise and opened up the sound of my headphone amp. At £50 (full price, wait for a sale) it is not too expensive.

1403x300px.jpg

Russ Andrews do numerous other mains conditioners; and you can home trial them. To me mains conditioning makes more sense than upgraded power cords.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:
Comments on power conditioners? Waste of money or sweet upgrade?

http://www.panamax.com/Products/A-V-Components/M5300-PM.aspx

And I'm not talking about the power cord replacement products which smell like snake oil to me.

Hello jaxwired,

Mains conditioners can be very worthwhile especially if you have a problem with mains noise. However if you invest in a mains conditioner then it would be unwise to use standard power cables. Since these are not shielded they could pick up airborne noise after filtering and conditioning the power thereby undoing the good work done.

Kind regards,
Darren

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:
Well I would happily recommend the Silencer from Russ Andrews which has improved the sound and picture of anything I have ever plugged it into. For best results plug it into the first socket on a mains extension. It certainly reduced background noise and opened up the sound of my headphone amp. At £50 (full price, wait for a sale) it is not too expensive)

Russ Andrews do numerous other mains conditioners; and you can home trial them. To me mains conditioning makes more sense than upgraded power cords.
Thanks for this tip idc as i have a RA silencer & i currently have it plugged into the spare wall socket, however im going to do what you suggest & plug it into the mains extension as ive often wandered if this would be the better option, going to experiment !!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
clearer_audio:Hello jaxwired, Mains conditioners can be very worthwhile especially if you have a problem with mains noise. However if you invest in a mains conditioner then it would be unwise to use standard power cables. Since these are not shielded they could pick up airborne noise after filtering and conditioning the power thereby undoing the good work done. Kind regards, Darren

First reasonable argument for a replacement power cable I've heard. But still doesn't explain why anyone would get one to just plug into the wall socket...

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired:
clearer_audio:Hello jaxwired, Mains conditioners can be very worthwhile especially if you have a problem with mains noise. However if you invest in a mains conditioner then it would be unwise to use standard power cables. Since these are not shielded they could pick up airborne noise after filtering and conditioning the power thereby undoing the good work done. Kind regards, Darren

First reasonable argument for a replacement power cable I've heard. But still doesn't explain why anyone would get one to just plug into the wall socket...

Just try them out for yourself jaxwired, i was like you once & very sceptical about power cables & what a huge mistake i made, most of the companies like RA & clearer audio offer trial periods so youve nothing to lose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts