Power Amp that can accept 2 different Pre-amp inputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Having headed back to vinyl I would like to try to run 2 different set-up's to the same front speakers.

Want to leave my Denon 4306 connected for the movies and then add a power amp and seperate pre-amp to run stereo only.

Not sure if this will give me much of a difference in sound but would like to try it.

Can anyone suggest a power amp / pre-amp combo that would support this ?

Speakers are currently Monitor Audio Rs6's unless I find enough cash to grab the GR60's I found :)

Thanks

Ian

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What about an integrated amp with HT bi-pass, which allows your AV amp to connect directly to the power amp section (eg. Musical Fidelity M3i/M6i; Moon amps; Arcam Amps; Leema Pulse - which I think also has a phono stage).

A

Anonymous

Thanks, will start to look at the list see what I can find.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. Pre-outs from my AV amp to my power amp via my stereo pre-amp just didn’t work. As it is I just swap the RCA cable on my power amp but really don’t use AV that much at the moment.

Looking at the alternatives you could look at the Beresford speaker switch and I think he also does another switching box which may switch RCA signals, not certain on the second one. You might also be able to get some sort of cheap RCA two way switch for not much but I suspect such a device may compromise the quality of connection.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
bluedroog said:
I have the same issue. Pre-outs from my AV amp to my power amp via my stereo pre-amp just didn’t work.
In what way?

I can’t remember exactly but the sound was horrible. I have a tube pre so I suspect this is part of the issue. I had hoped I’d be able to set the volume at a reasonable level and just be able to forget about it but had to turn it up to virtually full level and was getting all sorts of distortion noises. They may be a way to sort but HT isn’t a priority for me so I just gave up trying to intergrade that route, I may have another go at some point.

A

Anonymous

Okay,

Have found a possible solution that is almost affordable:

Alpha Arcam 7 amp feeding a NAD C272 Power amp along with the Denon 4306, has 2 manually switchable inputs one fixed one variable.

I assume the fixed would go to the Denon for AV set-up to be held constant and then tweak the variable to suit the output from the Arcam.

I know it's a bit of a muddle, but the Arcam is coming more or less free and the NAD for £200, so I have interconnect and as such can get this all done for not a bad price.

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts