• Regularly released singles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single or two then EP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full length album with a few singles prior to release

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

insider9

Hi All, has anyone done that? What distributors are you using? I think this lockdown will have me record and publish some material. Got back to composing last year and wanted to record an album but there wasn't enough time...

Got ideas and time and basic recording equipment. I'm a mediocre (probably being just optimistic) musician but think of myself as a good songwriter also always enjoyed sitting behind a console. Sorry, sound quality will be as good as one can get recording at home. I'll do my best.

Also should I release singles, EP or an album (poll added)? Got enough decent material for an album but with the way music is distributed nowadays do singles rule...? Any pointers would be great. Cheers

jjbomber

Singles rule if you can get radio play. Without that it's an album with the 'hit singles' packed at the start. Have a look at albums on Spotify etc. You'll see the first song gets the most plays, the second song gets the second most etc. So pack the start of the album with your best tunes. Listeners have a very short time span on new material, so you have to get their attention very quickly.

Reactions: insider9

insider9

Cheers JJ. As a listener I'm old fashioned. I prefer album format and listen as a whole. Without it, longer tunes would just get lost and that would be a shame.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts