Portable Headphone Amp

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to get a pair of open back headphones for Christmas. Looking specifically at the Sennheiser 58x Jubilee and Hifiman 4xx on Massdrop? I will mostly be listening through my Schiit Magni 3, but I would like to be able to stream music from my iphone. I know I'll need a portable headphone amp to drive the headphones. Can anyone recommend a suitable one? It would be great if it could also act as a dac from the iphone, but the ability to drive the headphones properly is the main thing.

Hifinut2

Oct 31, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to get a pair of open back headphones for Christmas. Looking specifically at the Sennheiser 58x Jubilee and Hifiman 4xx on Massdrop? I will mostly be listening through my Schiit Magni 3, but I would like to be able to stream music from my iphone. I know I'll need a portable headphone amp to drive the headphones. Can anyone recommend a suitable one? It would be great if it could also act as a dac from the iphone, but the ability to drive the headphones properly is the main thing.

Can highly recommend the Audioquest Dragonfly range from £69 to £269 plus an Apple camera connector (£11 Amazon). Also consider the Cyrus Soundkey, or Chord Mojo if you're budget stretches to it - but the Dragonfly connects the easiest way for iPhone. Maybe go for the Red if your headphones are difficult to drive as it has a higher output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts