Portable Digital Radio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anybody know where I can find a good review and comparison for portable DAB radios? I can't find an up to date one (May 08).

Any help very much appreciated.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
What sort of DAB radio are you looking for (battery; mains; portable; desktop etc) and at what kind of price? Let us know and we can detail many options (our Buyer's Guide in any issue will of course do the same)...

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare

I'm looking for a portable DAB radio - headphones type solution. Budget up to £100 say. Am considering the Pure Digital DAB 1500 - that's the kind of thing I am after.

Will also get a copy of your mag to see.

Bob

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bob,

Pure's is indeed the best portable we've seen/heard, though even it isn't perfect - DAB reception can be tricky on the move, and requires decent reception. Its back-up FM tuner is a must, as its rechargeable Chargepak battery-pack, as DAB is power-intensive.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare - I'll give it a go - but I can't wait for digital to get a bit better and slightly more reliable than it is now.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="bobsaver"]

Hi Clare

I'm looking for a portable DAB radio - headphones type solution. Budget up to £100 say. Am considering the Pure Digital DAB 1500 - that's the kind of thing I am after.

Will also get a copy of your mag to see.

Bob

[/quote]

Bob, I have the Pure DAB 1500, its really good. Prior to that I had a sony effort which really didnt live up to its £150 price tag, especially when I got the Pure on ebay for about 50 quid.

With the Sony I could hardly get a signal anywhere, and I mean anywhere. The Pure has a strong signal, I can even use it on the train (although it does drop out in some places). Its not perfect, but I am unsure of any portable DAB that is. I would highly recommend it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts