Pod and dock v cd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have just hooked up my sons Nano to our hifi via a apple universal dock and a 3.5 jack phono lead which i persuaded him to get from Maplins for a fiver as opposed to Apples one at 28 quid.I presumed that the lead went to the phono outlets at the back of the amp,but the sound was terrible so switched to av/dvd outlet and sound much better,however i was expecting better sound.My cd is ArcamCd92 and integrated and power Arcam 8 with Usher speakers and walks all over the ipod.

I know that some people on this site have experienced sound that is comparable  to there cd quality from their pods,what sort of upgrades would be needed,my budget will be what i can sell my Player for probably £300-£400 

Thanks 

idc

The closest that you will get to the sound of your CD player with your ipod is to connect your ipod to the amp via the port at the bottom, and play music imported onto itunes from CD using Apple Lossless or another lossless format. That way you will have the best source with the best possible connection.

An assistant at an Apple store told me that connecting via the port at the bottom of the ipod will always beat using a mini jack connection. He was happy to recommend the Russ Andrews GQ-24 cable which starts at £34, so well within your budget.

To import CDs using Apple Lossless; Edit - Preferences - Import Settings - Import Using - Apple Lossless - OK

Then on your ipod; Settings - EQ - Jazz, which I find makes all music sound brighter and clearer, but of course try them all to find your preference.

idc

Big Aura:

except you won't get much on a nano in lossless.

(on my 30gb pod) I've got a mix of lossless and 256gb, depending on how often I listen to stuff.

Good point, and I do the same with my classic. My nano is all 128kbps as it is for the car and out and about, quantity over quality. My suggestion should have included using the budget left over from the cable to get a 120gb classic and further improve sound quality.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys they have been very helpfull.

Cheersÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts