PMC - fantastic Speakers, excellent aftersales service.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Last week I post a comment on here about my frustration at a problem with the plinth on my recently acquired PMC Twenty 23's.

To cut a long story short, I didn't intend to chase this up pro-actively with either the retailer (althought I mentioned it whilst speaking about a non related issue) or PMC themselves as I was working on a homemade solution with granite plinths. this Saturday gone I registered my speakers with PMC online, they offer a twenty year guarantee. Upon doing so I took advantage of the feedback option and lazily copied my comment from this forum relating to the problem I'd encountered. As far as I was concerned that was that, end of...

First thing Monday morning Ross from PMC's sales and marketing dept contacted me to apologise about the issue, inform me that he'd arranged for a new plinth to be dispatched via the retailer and that a PMC 'goodie' bag was on it's way to me.

This may sound like nothing out of the ordinary to most on here. But for me I was actually quite surprised that a company takes relatively small matters seriously and aims to keep their customers happy, even though I hadn't pressed the issue, apart from venting a little frustration on here.

So often these days its hard to get your basis consumer rights acknowledged without a struggle or threats of futher action. For me I purchased a premier product (considering my finances and means) and received a top notch after sales service. It's nice to be able to come on here and praise a company that take pride in customer service.

I love PMC speakers and told them I can't see myself purchasing from another brand.

Well done PMC.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep that sounds like PMC. Had a (way simpler) encounter with their support staff, and my experience was exactly the same.

Made me feel like I bought something premium, and was also being treated as a premium customer.

Besides sound quality, to me that matters *big* time, and PMC gets that.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
A PMC 'Mug' chucked in the post yeaterday! Am I reading too much into this? I certainly feel like the aformentioned... I thought maybe some banana plugs or something slightly hifi related... Sometimes you wonder, people trying to make something right, getting it so wrong...Oh well, I wasn't in it for the freebies. I'd just like to receive my replacement plinths please. Just as well i still love the sound from the speakers! ;-)

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
A mug is a nice neutral freebie.

What does is sound like if you tap it?

If they had send banana plugs and you had Cyrus amps you would be disappointed.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My listening experience continues to improve with each session. Very happy there!

Now I want better amplification and another decent turntable... it's never ending!

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I have to echo your opinion on their after sales service. I experienced the same with them eventhough I live on the other side of the world. And when they realized that I have been reviewing their 21, 23, 26 and C, they sent me the same 'goodies' as well. It is my office mug at the moment.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Jota180 said:
Fill it with coffee and try again. The sound should be much fuller with rich notes. Too much coffee and the highs will be troubling.

I agree. You will hear an instant improvement. Perhaps technology that has percolated down from PMC's flagship model? Great at filtering out background noise leading to a deep and rich blackness during silent passages.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts