PMC DB1+ vs PMC DB1+s - differences?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I'd take them off your hands, as the PMC see very good indeed.

I have been trawling the net, and can't get the +'s for any less than £690, where the studio ones are £525 (but not that pretty!)

A

Anonymous

drummerman:If it makes you feel any better, I think the tiny PMC's are to expensive, especially in i form.

I agree. I owned the DB1+, and I think its retail price should be GBP 500, not 680. The Epos M12.2 are just as good, if not better. Yes, the DB1+ had a sweeter treble, and probably its timbre was more natural, but the M12.2 shines in other ways too. So I think they are comparable.

My Tannoy System 800 (retail GBP600 when new) put the PMC to shame on direct comparisons!

A

Anonymous

Probably the studio version sounds very similar to the home version; maybe its frequency response is flatter.

Think how much they are charging you for that nice real wood veneer! I would buy the studio version. Speakers are not furniture, they are tools to listen to music. With the difference they charge you for the wood veneer you can buy an excellent IC or speaker cable.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Tannoyite:Speakers are not furniture, they are tools to listen to music. With the difference they charge you for the wood veneer you can buy an excellent IC or speaker cable.
emotion-5.gif

You're single aren't you
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Try telling my darling lady that they are not furniture, and she would smack you round the head with them lol

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Tannoyite:Speakers are not furniture, they are tools to listen to music. With the difference they charge you for the wood veneer you can buy an excellent IC or speaker cable.
emotion-5.gif

You're single aren't you
emotion-5.gif

He,he, no, I'm married! But my wife is very indulgent. I even had a pair of Canton Ergo 120 from the '90s in the living room for two months (these are huge coffins weighting 50 Kgs each!), and she didn't complaint.
emotion-2.gif

Also, I have to say I'm a real Latinamerican macho. I rule at home!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts