Pmc 5.23 and Avm a30?

Anyone of you good folks heard that combo? If so, please elaborate
regular_smile.png

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Chr78 said:
Pmc 5.23 and Avm a30?

Anyone of you good folks heard that combo? If so, please elaborate

i heard twenty5 21 and basic avm amp at Bristol show and decent, and own 25-23 with Cyrus signature stuff, but the thing with pmc you can throw thousands worth in amps and still get more out. But if if works it works, but I'd be sceptical with the avm. Prob not much in amps. You need much better drive with 25-23 I'd say. I'd prefer some seperate stuff from likes naim or rega or Cyrus, or leema etc. I'd spend at least same on amps to speakers, especially with these pmc's . Avm detailed and probably get better value with leema or Cyrus.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I think it was quite an airy detailed sound which is good, but it didn't seem to have the bass depth but possibly that could be due to hearing 25-21 not my 25-23 which are deeper. Also environment. But i think avm are good, but my thinking was to match the value of amps to the speakers, at least, to get best out of pmc's as given you can get loads more out with better amps. So I'd be going for better amps if buying these £3k speakers. The pmc guys say that avm, like bryston, is a very detailed sound. So I think that's a good thing to do (I would) as with me using Cyrus stuff which is also detailed. Nice balance with the bass Rich smooth pmc's, and detailed electronics.

I also heard at Bristol, though with the twenty five.26. Very enjoyable. Very few dealers have AVM yet, and the advert I last saw numbered about 7 or 8. Several reviews already though, including hifi news and gramophone, though not exactly that model. Seem to be well engineered, with deliberate emphasis on pleasant sound rather than absolute accuracy, which is more a Bryston trait.

nopiano said:
I also heard at Bristol, though with the twenty five.26. Very enjoyable. Very few dealers have AVM yet, and the advert I last saw numbered about 7 or 8. Several reviews already though, including hifi news and gramophone, though not exactly that model. Seem to be well engineered, with deliberate emphasis on pleasant sound rather than absolute accuracy, which is more a Bryston trait.

I would agree, never heard one and far too few dealers in the UK stock them. It would be interesting to know where the OP is located in the world and why he picked such a, until recently, obscure amp as I very much doubt that any UK members on here would have heard the combo.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Not really thousands of people probably heard avm/pmc at the shows this year, as a number of people on this thread . Avm are partnering with pmc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts