Plugging the ports in speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

If I were to plug the ports on my proac tablette 8 sigs, where does the air go?

As the speaker is moving in and out, surely the cones have been designed so as the pressure inside the box increases and decreases, air will flow in and out of the port. With the port blocked, this will add increased stress on the speaker cone?

I am thinking of blocking the ports with socks or something so I can play with the crossover settings on my sub (moving it higher).

Will there be more stress on the cones and should I worry about it?

Lee

zappa 100

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
When will someone produce some affordable quality infinite baffle,sealed enclosure speakers,for those of us with "excitable" rooms (and wives!!)?
At the moment,i think the smallest Spendors are the "cheapest" ones available and if these are too expensive,then one has to resort to ebay in order to pick up the likes of Kef Coda 3's(1984 model),the Celestion DL range and some of the early Monitor Audio models.
Currently, i am using a pair of MA Monitor 9's( circa 1989) to good effect in front of alcoves,chimney breast and bay window.
Anybody got any alternatives to the above speakers?

p.s The phrase "excitable wives" refers to discussions over the placement of speakers and not to
unsavoury topic of marital nuptials.......

T

the record spot

There's the World Designs WD25 standmount too. This was designed by new IAG product guru Peter Comeau. Kit speakers, but you can have them built and assembled for you. Circa £400 I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts