PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! Sound issues!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I am a very stumped person. I set up a home cinema system for a client (onkyo 606, kef surround speakers 47" panny & PS3) all was fine we even put cat5 to his bedroom so he could watch Sky up there,m now this is the issue he has been watching Sky HD in the bedroom fine for the last 18 months now all of a sudden the sound doesn't always travel up stairs so his wife (he has a broken foot so he isn't just being lazy!!) goes down stairs and switches the amp off and on again (only to standby) and the sound works fine until the next night where it happens again.

I went to have a look yesterday changed the optical lead as after switching it to the ps3 there was no sound (I had checked the settings to make sure sound was put through optical before you ask!!) did a few tests and seemed to be working fine and left. I have just received a call to say its happened again, what could be causing the issue? oh there is an HDMI amp that is connected to the system too sending the signal to the cat 5 box. I would appreciate any help and advice on this as I have never seen anything so random!

Many thanks in advanceand hope all of that made sense!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, to me it sounds like either a handshaking issue between the receiver and the HDMI CAT5 sender or a fault in the receiver's digital input section, but short of swapping components out with known good ones, bit tricky to diagnose at remote distance.

BTW if as your post suggests you are a retailer/installer, please identify yourself as such in your signature, as required by House Rules. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts