Please help this skint student decide on an amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just been given a new pair of avanio 1XR (mordaunt short) for my birthday 100W @ 8Ohm Biwireable and they sound wonderful even after a dozen or so hours break in, however, I have foolishly invested in a TV cabinet which does not have the width for standard size 410mm width max! so I need a new amp, new ...old it does not matter. any suggestions for a budget pocket with a demanding set of speakers. help very much appreciated!

A

Anonymous

tfxuk7 said:
I have just been given a new pair of avanio 1XR (mordaunt short) for my birthday 100W @ 8Ohm Biwireable and they sound wonderful even after a dozen or so hours break in, however, I have foolishly invested in a TV cabinet which does not have the width for standard size 410mm width max! so I need a new amp, new ...old it does not matter. any suggestions for a budget pocket with a demanding set of speakers. help very much appreciated!

Anything by Cyrus. Then there's the MF X-A1 (£160 ish used), X-A2 (£220 ish used), X-A1000R (£300 ish used).

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The Musical Fidelity X-A2 is a great amp, I've had one for about 12 months.

Have used it well with Monitor Audio RS6 & B&W CM7.

You'll be doing really well to get one for £220. For a nice one I'd expect to pay 250 - 300. You won't regret it though.

Also at a later date you could conside adding a pair of XA50s for more output and bi-amping.

A

Anonymous

Pioneer A400, simples!!!

You can pick a good example up from ebay for less than £100. You cannot do better for the money - or a lot more money!

Chris

A

Anonymous

ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit said:
Pioneer A400, simples!!!

You can pick a good example up from ebay for less than £100. You cannot do better for the money - or a lot more money!

Chris

It's too wide to fit in his cabinet.

Also there are other very good rival amps at not much more money. The X-A1 is a prime example.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Change the cabinet or buy a dedicated HiFi rack which accommodates standard size HiFi equipment. You will always have the problem in the future otherwise. What amp do you use at the moment?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts