Please help me I need some cables

I am trying to buy some cables to connect my speakers to my amp (hooked up to a turntable with pre-amp). I have Roth Oli RA2 speakers and a Cambridge Audio Azur 340A amp. Unfortunately I am very uneducated regarding hifi, so could anyone tell me exactly what I need to connect the two together and produce sound. I know I need two lots of cables with the red and black ends, and maybe some banana plugs, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Alice

shadders

Hi,

I would not spend too much on cables -in the UK qed 79strand is cheap and good quality. For phono to phono (RCA) cables, I searched and audiovisualonline.co.uk seems to be selling 2metre phono cable for £6.49 - make is Fisual Pro.

As long as it is not bell wire, you should be ok.

Regards,

Shadders.

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
79 strand fine for speaker cable, unless the need to be very long, say greater tha 5m each. You don't have to use banana plugs, you can just strip the ends of the wires and connect the copper directly, though they look neater with banana plugs.

rca intreconnects between the amp and source are not expensive, you can buy online or even at supermarkets/maplins. Look for "2 rca to 2 rca" or "2phono to 2 phono". Basic ones should work fine, but if you want visually more impressive ones with double shieding you might choose to pay up to £20, say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts