Please ditch Zinio for a more professional service

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been a consumer of the digital editions since they started. As I live in Holland it saves me a bunch of cash, BUT I find the quality of service leaves a lot to be desired. For example there has been at least 2 occasions where the content from What HiFi has not been checked before being uploaded, but that is easily (albeit annoying to have to do) fixed. However this schoolboy error should never have happened.

What is really annoying me is that the Zinio no longer lets me access any of the magazines downloaded in 2011, this does not just limit it's self to What HiFi but every single magazine I have ever paid for. Especially annoying as I know 100% that they all sit their on my iPAD waiting to be read. In all honesty I will be searching to refunds on the previous magazines if I cannot get them back, which again is more than a pain for all involved.

If I go to the Zinio help, I end up clicking through to a bunch of blank screens which is less that cool, and to be honest not what I expect from a company that touts it's self so highly.

So please for the love of all things good, please change your supplier. This is starting to really get beyond a joke now.

Andy

PS. you also really should change the presentation of some of the pages to actually make them readable on digital media. It is a bit sad to not ever be able to read double landscape pages in ful screen as they auto turn on iPad to a portrate view. This makes reading the page that is your "recomended system build around a single compnonent" usless. After all, you really should be aware by now that Digital and Paper media are in fact different! Time to mature I think.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Do you mean that you can no longer download mags you've not yet downloaded, or that you can't read those you've downloaded in 2011?

I have a number of mag subscriptions via Zinio, and if I go to my 'read' page, it now defaults to 2012, which means it doesn't show the mags I've downloaded during 2011, but if I tap '2012, I get the option to choose 2011, which then brings up all the mags I should have from this year.

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
David,

I mean that the 2011 link to click in Zinio (read tab) does not exist any more and I cannot access 2011 stuff I have already downloaded or have a subscription for. I can only currently access 1 edition of 1 magazine out of all of my subscriptions. That is What Hifi Jan 2012.

What is extra annouying here is that it's still 2011..... I could undertstand this a little more if it were next year already.

If I go to the Zinio site and access direct from my Macbook air, I only get the first 2 pages of a magazine, ie. looked at 2011 awards could only see front cover and inside advert, system will not let me access any more.

All the best

Andy

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey David,

Thanks for re-itterating. I did try what you suggest the first time, but for whatever reason it did not work... But when I came back to it after your re-prod in the right direction it worked. sometimes that Ipad is not a responsive as wanted.

What's weird to me is that yesterday it showed both years as links, today without an upgrade it only showed 2012. When I clicked the 2012 link up popped a new box as you suggested.

Thanks loads. Only hope Zinio work on their online systems now. must admit I am still of the mind that they are not professional enough, with blank pages for support and magazines that only download the first 2 pages.

Kind regards

Andy

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I did get a little worried the first time mine showed just 2012! Took me a little while to find out how to get the 2001 mags back as it's not exactly an intuitive thing to click on 2012 in order to get the option for looking at 2011! I agree that that needs to be looked at. I suppose having stuff arranged by year will make things a little easier when you've 5 years worth of mags to look though! But it'd be nice to have the option of seeing ALL, regardless of year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts