Please could someone explain this picture problem?

Key_to_the_universe

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello I have a 2TB Sky HD box with the latest R007.061.49.00P update. But ever since this update my picture quality has got worse and it is noticeable on all forms of viewing, live transmission, previously recorded material and "On Demand".

It is especially noticeable on dark scenes, the picture smears and halos and faint wavy lines are on light bits in a scene. The picture also lacks contrast and sharpness. It has been frustrating for me and I do not have this problem on other sources like Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

I am sure it is since the R007.061.49.00P update as I had no complaints before this update.

I have uploaded a image and a quick video to show you these weird wavy lines that appear at random on dark and light scenes on Sky HD channels.

Please note that I used my iPhone so the quality is not great. If you look at the left of the video/picture you will see the weird curved/bendy lines.

5f30.jpg

And the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-EjlH06Pc&feature=youtu.b
Please view this in 1080p full screen.

Thanks in advanced.

D

Deleted member 2457

Key_to_the_universe said:
Hello it is a 46" Samsung C8000 LED 3D HDTV.

From the picture it looks like your TV has a fault. Does it do it on other sources too?

abacus

Try using a different input on the TV just in case a problem has occurred on the one input; also swap the cables over as cables can fail.

If the problem still persists (It’s not any of the above causing the problem) then give Sky a call as others may have had the same problem.

Hope this helps

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts