Please advise with my new setup...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, first post here. I'm currently doing a snowboard season in Chamonix at the moment and will be arriving back home in 4 weeks time... Doom & gloom await no doubt. Whilst i've been out here I have tried to save every penny i've earnt for my new setup when I get home. In the hopeful event that I get a job when I go home I will be spending my savings as soon as I have finished demos of possible kit. So here is what i'm thinking...

First off my current setup consists of Cambridge Audio 540A V2 & 540C V2 (which I plan on keeping because I like them, unless the new speakers aren't too fond on them), and my current speakers are JBL E80 Northridge Floorstanders. The speakers in my mind are a bit of a weak link for me, mainly because I think my room isn't right for them (It's 12'3" x 8'8"), being a bit too small. Now I do like the power of these speakers but I feel the sound, especially the bass, is a bit muddy. I feel as though they are lacking a bit of clarity. I listen to all types of music but mainly Metal/Rock, Electronic, Folk. I really am looking for timing, clarity, punch and depth to my speakers.

I've been looking into getting a new TV and A/V system including speakers too. So where I am at the moment is the B&W 685 home cinema package and the new Onkyo TX-SR607 AV Receiver.

I'm hoping for my music listening the B&W 685 Speakers sitting on Partington Super Dreadnought Stands combined with B&W ASW608 Sub will be just what i'mm looking for. I'm also hoping the Cambridge Audio setup will do them justice.

So what do you all think? I will be having a demo of the kit before I buy, I just wanted to be prepared with as much info as possible.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

The 685 will pair with almost any electronics without a great deal of problem though whilst I've never heard Cambridge and B&W paired I am fairly confident the 540's scientific sound would excentuate the 685's sometimes shrill tweeter. I really need to get a life.

A

Anonymous

Octopo:
The 685 will pair with almost any electronics without a great deal of problem though whilst I've never heard Cambridge and B&W paired I am fairly confident the 540's scientific sound would excentuate the 685's sometimes shrill tweeter. I really need to get a life.

Haha, thanks for the reply Octopo. Everyone should enjoy their hobby, it's no different from someone who loves sport and knows everything about every player, manager, tactics etc. So you don't need to get a life!

Well i'm glad you think my Cambridge Audio pairing should be up to the job, lord knows i'm stretching my budget as it is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts