Playing music from MP3 player through Hi Fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, would appreciate some advice on this topic please.

I had hoped to play MP3 format music stored on an MP3 player through my seperates Hi Fi system, the prime reason being storage associated with a fairly large CD collection.

I connected the MP3 players (Apple ipod , Creative ) headphone socket to the amp (Sony) phono terminals.

The sound was disapointing to say the least, best described as 'dead' and certainly no comparison to the identical track sourced from CD.

Is this to be expected ? symptomatic of using a portable MP3 player ? will I have to keep my CD's available for play or does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any advice

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
what do you mean by 'identical track"?

if it is on CD and is played on a Cd player it will generally sound better to a version of this track ripped to mp3 and played on a portable device. how much worse the mp3 one will sound will depend on how much compression was used during the rip (e.g. 320kbps will be better than 128kps) and how good or bad the playback of the portable device is.

if your ripping software, portable player and storage avaialble on it allows that, you can rip in a lossless fromat. then, you shoudl be able to get same or very close to Cd playback quality form the portable device.

TRENDING THREADS