Pioneer SC-LX82 £1699

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I know Andrew doesn't like it when I do this, it's in the interest of WHF's members. Check with Pioneer to see if this company actually has a Pioneer account. They advertise Marantz too, but they don't have a UK account. The company's contact address is listed as Hong Kong. If they're not an authorised account, you may not have any warranty at all.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
David, I seem to remember a similar posting regarding this company some time ago. I think if I were going to make a significant purchase like this I would want to know if there were some potentially major issues.

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:David, I seem to remember a similar posting regarding this company some time ago. I think if I were going to make a significant purchase like this I would want to know if there were some potentially major issues.

grdunn123,

Your right, I posted a cheap price on the Marantz SR6005 or 5005, can't remember now, I was looking for an upgrade from my pioneer VSX-920.

After a heads up from David I decided to go back to my dealer and got a very good part ex against a Yamaha RX-V1067, so I personally am glad he made the point previously.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:I know Andrew doesn't like it when I do this, it's in the interest of WHF's members.

I have no problem with readers ascertaining whether or not a company is an authorised retailer, and will thus supply service and a valid warranty.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm told by pioneer that the stock is being purchased from outside the UK, and doesn't even bear a CE mark. I know there are other brands they advertise that they don't have accounts for, but not much can be done as they're not based in the UK.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts