PIONEER SC LX81 and which speakers??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys

Want to get the pioneer above and want to know which speakers go with it?? is the tannoy mercury F4 any good with this receiver?? would like to know the best and cheapest options as my funds are limited!!

Thank you

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
No point going for the LX81 and then opting for the Tannoys. IMO you would get a better overall sound opting for a more balanced system with a lower priced amplifier ( Marantz SR6003 for example) and spending the difference on a higher quality speaker set.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Why should i not go for the best amp and then speakers that are still fantastic!! was looking at the yamaha v3900 or 1900 but got to thinking that the Pioneer was the best!! don't you guys agree?? are the speaker system too low key for the amp i chose?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The SC-LX81 is the pick of those amps and prbably the best at the price point. I personally think that the Tannoy's mentioned are not in the same league as the amplifier and that you would have an inbalance across the system. If you had the amp already and the budget limited you to the Tannoys then by all means it would work and sound good. As you have not yet bought the amp the total outlay of the LX81 and Tannoys could be better spent for greater results in my experience.

If you can stretch the total budget then the Tannoy Highline 500s mentioned are a good match with the LX81 as are the Tannoy Revolutions. The last selection of LX81s that we sold were all matched with Tannoy's and the results are superb.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Ok so that is out of my price range!! what about the yamaha v1900 and v3900 is there much difference? and will the tannoy mercury be enough for these yamahas?

what is the main difference between them and the pioneer?

A

Anonymous

RIght guys after alot of pondering, i am aiming for the yamaha V3900 and would like to know which is the best speakers to pair with it and the cheapest speakers that can still handle the potential of this amp.

Please advice guys!! really want my system to be the best it can be!!

A

Anonymous

TheHomeCinemaCentre:
The SC-LX81 is the pick of those amps and prbably the best at the price point. I personally think that the Tannoy's mentioned are not in the same league as the amplifier and that you would have an inbalance across the system. If you had the amp already and the budget limited you to the Tannoys then by all means it would work and sound good. As you have not yet bought the amp the total outlay of the LX81 and Tannoys could be better spent for greater results in my experience.

If you can stretch the total budget then the Tannoy Highline 500s mentioned are a good match with the LX81 as are the Tannoy Revolutions. The last selection of LX81s that we sold were all matched with Tannoy's and the results are superb.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Having a look at the Tannoys mentioned I could only find them as a pair and not a 5.1 set. Looking at them and price it seems they are in the same(I could be wrong)if not better league than my current speaker set up of Acoustic Energy aegis evo's which are connected to my Pio 81, would you say my set up is imbalanced? I can understand what you are advising with regards to getting the overal best sound for the money with receiver and speakers, but I must say that although the receiver outclasses the speaker set up I have it realy doesn't sound that way and to be honest I'm very pleased with the results, and although originally I was going to upgrade my speakers, now I feel that I realy don't need to, not for a while.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Del, if you were to look at the DC4t's as fronts and possibly the centre as well you would notice a big jump in performance. Your AEs are very good but a move up to the Tannoys would be worth it. I am sure we could sort out a loan if you wanted to try, call me if you are interested.

Nick

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nevos2005 the 3900 is in the same league as the 81 although the 81 outshines it. You really would be best to try and hear what these products can do. Try your local dealer and ask for a demonstration. Investing an hour or so with a decent dealer will pay dividends and you will see exactly what I am talking about with system balance. If you wish to go for the 3900 and buy blind then the Kef KHT 2005 would be the first system I could say would work well. Ideally the KHT3005 but there are so many variables to consider you really should talk to a dealer.

Nick

A

Anonymous

TheHomeCinemaCentre:
Hi Del, if you were to look at the DC4t's as fronts and possibly the centre as well you would notice a big jump in performance. Your AEs are very good but a move up to the Tannoys would be worth it. I am sure we could sort out a loan if you wanted to try, call me if you are interested.

Nick

Thanks Nick, that is such a tempting offer(they are soooo nice), but I have to decline as I am not ready to upgrade to new speakers right now and it would be unfair to you by sending them such a long distance for nothing.
I was trying to say that the 81 has brought out the best that I have with great results, but you know that already..thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts