Pioneer SC-LX58 AV Receiver £567

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Xanderzdad said:
Brilliant value. Sound quality up with all the most modern AV amps (missing novelties such as Atmos, but otherwise a bargain).

I'm pretty sure it has Atmos too.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Just bear in mind that you can only choose the same crossover point for all speakers set to small on the Pioneers - depending on the type of speaker package you use, this may or may not be a factor to take into account.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David@FrankHarvey said:
Just bear in mind that you can only choose the same crossover point for all speakers set to small on the Pioneers - depending on the type of speaker package you use, this may or may not be a factor to take into account.

Do you think this would be much of a step up on my RX-A2020?

How much could I sell my RX-A2020 for if I was to sell it, any ideas?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Do you think this would be much of a step up on my RX-A2020?
Different. Tight, precise, neutral, some may say pretty characterless (good or bad, depending on your preference). Will drive more demanding speakers better though, without the slight warmth and softness the Yamaha amplification adds.

How much could I sell my RX-A2020 for if I was to sell it, any ideas?
What I think a product should be worth and what people are willing to pay seem to be too completely different things. I'd say it's worth a good £800, but as with most new AV features, everyone wants Atmos (in the same way that everyone wanted multi-region DVD players many years ago, despite not owning, or having any intention of buying, any US discs!). £600-700 maybe with box in exc condition?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I once changed from Yamaha to Pioneer, mainly because the speakers at the time were too good for the Yamaha, and not being able to afford anything better, I switched to the Pioneer, which did the job I needed it to. At the time I was trying to tighten everything up, get rid of any excess warmth or boom, and maximise detail.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Thanks for both of your replies. It was just a thought, as my Yamaha's warranty runs out in May, and I don't like owning expensive stuff out of warranty.

I'll probably stick for now, but if I could get a brand new receiver with a decent warranty for £100 or so more than I could get for my Yam, I think I'd go for it, despite really liking the Yam.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Looked after, Yamahas are generally very reliable. I've never had an issue with any of the models I've owned (and that's been a few!), other than a single pre out issue on one model.

My Yamaha gave me 5 years of fault free service until I sold it to the buyers of my house. More than 6 years on, it's still going strong. Marantz has been quirky on the other hand. I think HDMI 8 doesn't work, need to plug something else and check.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

So far, I haven't had a glimmer of a problem with it, but it is a worry when it cost so much originally.

Thanks again to both of you, that's quite reassuring.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Considering it was £1400 originally, this seems like a good price. They are ex-repair/refurbished, and only available online.

http://www.richersounds.com/showclearanceproduct/buy/PION-SCLX58-ES/Pioneer+ScLx58+ES.html

http://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/sc-lx58/review

Good spot Big Man!

Remember, you don't need another receiver gel, one is enough. *biggrin*
Yep. *smile*. I quite fancied the Susano though if I was rich.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Xanderzdad said:
Brilliant value. Sound quality up with all the most modern AV amps (missing novelties such as Atmos, but otherwise a bargain).

I'm pretty sure it has Atmos too.

Shows how closely I look at my gear - I thought I had that receiver but mine's the '57, doh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts