Pioneer S-71B Standmount Speaker

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

They seem to have settled in nicely now. I jhave to admit that apart from the first hour or two, where they really needed to work themselves in, I would have a hard time two or three weeks in working out the differences from ten hours in. I always find it pretty odd that people can claim to hear diferences after sometimes hundreds of hours compared to maybe just 30 or 100 hours in. Even that's too much.

Still happy here though; really quite impressed with them - I wonder if Pioneer engineered them to be a litle smoother than many of the speakers on the market currently that seem to be very high on the treble?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
the record spot said:
They seem to have settled in nicely now. I jhave to admit that apart from the first hour or two, where they really needed to work themselves in, I would have a hard time two or three weeks in working out the differences from ten hours in. I always find it pretty odd that people can claim to hear diferences after sometimes hundreds of hours compared to maybe just 30 or 100 hours in. Even that's too much.

Still happy here though; really quite impressed with them - I wonder if Pioneer engineered them to be a litle smoother than many of the speakers on the market currently that seem to be very high on the treble?

MAybe its their hearing that takes time to adjust to the new sound rather than the speakers themselves. SOme speakers man. don't go alone with theories either.

T

the record spot

I can understand hearing adjusting, just not to the extent you're looking at about 500 hours or the like.

T

the record spot

Just my existing ones mate - Mission Stancettes. Bit small though so might get some secondhand ones. Fine for now though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts