Pioneer receiver from USA

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are different specs for USA & UK versions of the same receiver? I've seen a Pioneer vsx-1021 on Ebay from USA at a very low price and I know that, if it's too good to be true, then it usually is... But if the specs are the same and it's just a case of an adapter plug, then maybe Christmas has come early. Also will I get stung at customs for importing it?

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
don't forget to factor in the cost of a step down transformer, USA uses 110volts, unless the pioneer comes with an international power supply with selectable 110 / 230 input, a simple 'adaptor plug' wont do the job!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Bit more to it than just an adapter plug.

It'll need a decent step-down transformer in order to be used here, for which you should probably factor in about £100-£150 or so.

Then there's shipping, around 25% (if I recall correctly) duty and VAT, plus whatever fee the logistics company puts on the bill to pay the duty and collect the money from you. Last time I did anything like this - for some CD/Blu-ray racks -, the transport company stung me £35 or so for that bit. On top of the duty and VAT...

Then there's the problem of what happens if anything goes wrong - the UK distributor is unlikely to be keen to repair it under warranty, so you may have to a) pay to have it repaired, b) ship it back to the States for repair or c) have an expensive paperweight.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your views. I hadn't thought about the possibility of having to return it to the US for any warranty work. I guess it was too good to be true. I'm sooo glad I asked the question.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts