Pioneer PDP-LX5090 Speaker Options

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

Would it be possible to connect a pair of L&R external speakers directly to the back of the TV instead of the dedicated Pioneer ones? I far prefer the look of the screen only and can discretely place and position the speakers elsewhere if need be directly into cabinets and still have a seamless look. Will the on board amp on the Pioneer be good/powerful enough to run a decent pair of small unobtrusive speakers like say the Tangent EVO's or JBL Control 1's or similar? If possible, I would prefer to use the in wall types as they will have mounts/brackets that I can simply slot & screw into the cabinet front.

Many Thanks!

Bazzy!

A

Anonymous

Even if it was possible to connect your speakers straight to the TV (and it should be possible) I would seriously question why you want to do that.

I would imagine that at least 95% of the people who have that TV will have a dedicated amp with it. The difference in sound quality even by using a cheap second hand entry level amp will be huge.

A

Anonymous

Hi Bazzy, It should be possible to connect stereo speakers to the tv. I have an old pair of Mordaunt Short 814 floorstanders connected to my PDP508XD panel and it works ok. As Barnsleydave has suggested you will get far better results if you use a decent amp. (still to purchase mine!) Hope this helps.

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for that & all who have replied! I will try and see - just wanted to make sure! That Q-Acoustic option seems good but at £330 it is pretty steep! Its just that one does not always wish to engage an entire surround sound system all the time like in the mornings when one is getting ready and just wants the TV on for the traffic & news!

Bazzy!

A

Anonymous

Bazzy

Saw your email in the mag and i had to post. I have pio 508xd. I used to have my mt 30 sound system through an amp etc. I updgrated to CM front so and moved all the kit except the pio to another room. The problem I then had was no sound from the panel. I connect two B&W M1 speakers direct to the pioneer. No problem! Sound is fantastic and certainly better than a normal tv speaker.

Martin

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Martin,

Many thanks indeed - looks like you have done what I have in mind & successfully! I will now look for some in wall type speakers that I can flush fit directly into the cabinets, spray paint the grilles to colour match & get that blended in look I was seeking!

Bazzy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts