Pioneer or Denon, Which would you Choose?

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, work and family commitments have kept me away from the Hi Fi scene and this forum for a while but i am now back and i am in need of your help.

I am looking to build a new system which will include amp,cd player and streamer, this will be used as either a second system or as my main system if it beats it for sound quality etc.

Budget is around £200 - £250 for each and speakers will be my Q Acoustics 1050i's at first untill i can get funds for new speakers.

The two systems i have found and that are around budget are:

System 1:

Amp - Denon PMA520AE

CDP - Denon DCD520AE

Streamer - Denon DNP720AE

System 2:

Amp - Pioneer A30

CDP - PD10

Streamer - Pioneer N30

I know that having a demo is the best way to choose but it i am interested if anyone here has any if the above kit and peoples opinions on which one they would go for.

Please feel free to comment and also suggest any systems that may be on budget that i could try.

Thanks

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Greetings.

I used to have a Denon amp and was impressed by it. However I think in recent times Denon have lost some ground to others. I have heard the Pioneer N30 running through a Pioneer A-A6 amp and found it to be impressive.

I'm sure many many other forum members will back me on this. Trust your own ears and listen to both. Buying blind is dangerous ground. I have done so once or twice and have been lucky. Whenever possible go for the demo.

Keep rocking :rockout:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts