Pioneer N-50 internet radio problems.

mbe60

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello all.

I have just bought a Pioneer N-50 streamer, and I am having issues with the internet radio.

I can listen to most stations with no problems, but when I select Absolute 60s,70,80s or 90s the machine cant seem to find them and skips to the next station in the list, by-passing all the "Absolute" stations.

I have upgraded the firmware and tried all the usual power cycling to no avial.

Ha anyone else experienced this phenomenon with the Pioneer, or any other internet radio device?

fizzyfizz

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem but with a different model Pioneer. It's something to do with Absolute Radio as I used to pick up their channels with no problem. I emailed their technical support dept a while ago. They tweaked a few things and it was ok. But now it's stopped working again.

Please do let me know if you ever get to the bottom of this frustrating problem.

THANKS

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
In the meantime, while Absolute is messing you about, might I recommend the Sky.fm channels?

if you browse by country, "North America", "United States", "New York", "All Stations", then scroll down a looooooooong way (starting at about 450 stations down on my list, I assume my list would be the same) and you'll see scores of genre-based stations all prefixed Sky.fm.

The quality's decent enough for internet radio and there are so many genres, you're bound to find half a dozen worth saving to your favourites list. I just stumbled across these when I first got my internet-radio equipped receiver and spent an evening travelling the world of radio.

A

Anonymous

It is a vTuner problem. Just add the stations manually.

http://icecast.timlradio.co.uk/a6128.mp3 for Absolute 60s.

.../a7128.mp3 for Absolute 70s

.../a8128.mp3 for Absolute 80s

etc

You can get the addresses for all UK stations from the excellent site radiofeeds.co.uk

Addresses for stations do occasionally change so you may need to update them in the future.

Hope this helps.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts